About The Artist
I have painted for a long time now, having received a degree in Fine Art from Berkeley in the 60’s, having studied illustration at Art Center College of Design in L.A. and having been a student of Russian Impressionist Ron Lukas for some years.
Place of birth is Visalia, California. We moved our family to Bainbridge Island in 1973 and to the Methow Valley in 1998. The Methow reminds me so much of my childhood at my parents place in the Sierra Nevadas. A place called Three Rivers, California where we had a cabin on the North Fork of the Kaweah River. We found very similar property near Winthrop along the Chewuch River so I feel I’ve returned home.
- Fine Art/English minor UC Berkeley
- Peace Corps Ethiopia 64-66
- illustrated text books for Ministry of Education
- taught TESL at middle school Lekempt, Eth
- Art Center College of Design
- Art Teacher Tulare HS CA
- Gallery Owner Bainbridge Island WA
- Studied with Ron Lukas
- Illustrated “Midsummer’s Night Dream” Poet Marvin Bell
- Registered: National Gallery for Women in the Arts WA DC