Poem in Your Pocket Day is a day recognized each year in April as a part of National Poetry Month. This year, Poem in Your Pocket Day will be celebrated on April 30th.
Celebrate Poem in Your Pocket Day with Methow Arts by using #poetrymethow or #methowarts on IG or Facebook. You can also email poems to firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are a few ideas on how to participate digitally from the Academy of American Poets:
- Select a poem and share it on social media using the hashtag #pocketpoem.
- Simultaneously participate in the Shelter in Poems initiative, and select a poem that brings you solace during this time of distance and solitude. Share what it means to you and use the hashtags #pocketpoem and #ShelterInPoems.
- Print a poem from the Poem in Your Pocket Day PDF and draw an image from the poem in the white space, or use the instructions on pages 59-60 of the PDF to make an origami swan.
- Record a video of yourself reading a poem, then share it on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, or another social media platform you use.
- Email a poem to your friends, family, neighbors, or local government leaders.
- Schedule a video chat and read a poem to your loved ones.
- Add a poem to your email footer.
- Read a poem out loud from your porch, window, backyard or outdoor space.
To see more ideas from the Academy of American Poets, visit: https://poets.org/national-poetry-month/poem-your-pocket-day