GET CREATIVE this Halloween! Mark your calendar for our upcoming Pumpkin Carving Contest. Bring your pumpkin by Methow Arts (corner of Glover St. and 2nd in Twisp) from Thursday, Oct 28 through Saturday, October 30 at 9am. Up to 3 pumpkins can be entered. Prizes range from $25-$150 with different categories for kids and adults. Email us with questions @ email@example.com.
WINNERS ANNOUNCED SAT, OCT 30 AT NOON.
PRIZES GALORE! $25-$150
CATEGORIES AND GUIDELINES/DEADLINE MON, OCT 26:
Prizes galore! $25-$150 will be awarded to the top pumpkins. The contest is open to families, artist teams and individuals. This is not intended for businesses or political parties.
ADULT CATEGORY: Ages 13 and up – 3 prizes awarded!
- 1 Master of Ceremonies Winner ($150)
- 2nd Place ($75)
- 3rd Place ($50)
KIDS: Ages 12 and under.
- We will give prizes to 1st-3rd place in the KID category ($25 each)
Entries in each division will be judged on design, detail, creativity and originality.
- Participants can submit up to three carved pumpkins in the contest.
- Judges discourage use of stencils and encourage original artwork and design.
- Judges encourage artwork that has little to no text.
- Pumpkins must be carved. Preference will be given to pumpkins that are primarily carved vs. using other props or paint.
- Scary designs are fine, but please do not incorporate any violent or sexually suggestive elements. Organizers have the right to refuse any entry deemed inappropriate. Pumpkin design should be suitable for all ages. Very little to no text or wording please. Pumpkin designs submitted that include these will not be accepted/displayed.
- Please keep in mind that pumpkins you can take your pumpkin home on Saturday after the winner is announced. Any pumpkin not picked up will be taken to Burgar Street for their Halloween Celebration.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Bring your pumpkin by Methow Arts from Thursday, Oct 28 through Saturday, October 30 at 9am. Up to 3 pumpkins can be entered.
- Make sure that your name is written or taped under your pumpkin but hidden so that judges cannot see it.
- When you arrive, we will ask you to fill out an entry form. Participation is free.
- Winners will be announced on SAT, OCT 30 at noon. firstname.lastname@example.org #MethowArts #MethowHalloween2021 #artgrowshere
QUESTIONS/INFO: email@example.com, 509-997-4004.