Methow Arts enriches the lives of students, teachers and other community members in Okanogan County through quality arts education programs and by sharing student work through public art and presentations.
HELP SUPPORT OUR PROGRAMS AND ENSURE THAT ART IS CENTRAL TO EDUCATION FOR CHILDREN.
Methow Arts also offers a robust presenting season in the schools, bringing about four professional touring groups to perform in school-wide assemblies.Our 2016-2017 presenting season in the schools includes Herencia de Timbiqui from Colombia; the House Jacks from the San Francisco Bay Area, Dala from Canada, and Anda Union, from Mongolia.
Through our Artist-in-Residence program, professional artists are paired with classroom teachers to deliver residencies in mediums such as watercolor, oil pastels, 3D sculpture, block prints, acrylic painting, creative writing, poetry, and theater arts. We work with a curated roster of about 20 teaching artists in the Okanogan Region.
Learn more about some of our residencies below.
Methow Arts facilitates a regional consortium of public schools, businesses and community entities that bring ideas and resources to arts education. Since 1987, Methow Arts has partnered with the Methow School District to provide learning in the arts for students. In 1996, Methow Arts entered a formal partnership with the Methow Schools, and in 1998 established the same with the Omak School District. In 2002, the Okanogan and Pateros schools joined the partnership, and in 2005, the Paschal Sherman Indian School on the Colville Reservation joined. In 2006, the Brewster School District became a partner and in 2012 Bridgeport joined to become the newest partner. Through this partnership, Methow Arts maintains the arts as essential and central, providing opportunities for students to gain essential skills in the arts through residencies with artists. Lessons both deepen and expand other learning areas through the arts, and provide art specific learning.
- Artist residencies in classrooms K-12 in greater Okanogan County, thirteen schools and six school districts
- Professional performances in the schools
- Professional development for elementary teachers and teaching artists
- Student performances, exhibitions, publications & public art installations
- Young Writers’ Conference at Methow Valley Elementary School
- Recognition for artistic excellence awarded to seniors
- Urban Culture Trips to Seattle Repertory Theatre, Seattle Opera, Seattle Art Museum, Spokane and more
- Build partnerships and expand support and impact of program
- Final evaluation and renewal of partnership with School Districts
- Final reports to funders
- Program assessment and evaluation
SCHOOL DISTRICT TEACHERS – contact us to request a residency in their classroom
PROFESSIONAL TEACHING ARTISTS - contact us if they are interested in learning more about ways to teach in public schools
FUNDERS – We couldn’t do it without your support! Please help us to sustain and enhance ART EDUCATION programs in our schools. Your penny goes a long way.
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org, 509-997-4004
Evaluation forms for teachers:
Evaluation forms for students:
Evaluation forms for artists: