Featuring the Methow Valley Pursuit
Sponsored by Winthrop Mountain Sports
A three-day winter weekend dedicated to celebrating nordic skiing in the Methow Valley. Bring your family and friends out for a day of free skiing and festivities on Friday, and a whole weekend of races, tours, clinics, community gatherings and trail-based fun.
Friday, January 22nd:
- Backyard Ski Day – All Day – Free trail access, free ski rentals, free ski lessons, free ice skating and every reason in the world to bring your family and friends out on the trail to try cross country skiing for the first time!
- Pursuit and Classic Race/Tour packet pick-up, 4:00-6:00pm, Methow Trails office.
Saturday, January 23rd:
- 8:15am Bus shuttle from Mazama to Winthrop.
- 9:30am Classic start of the Methow Valley Pursuit (30km)
- 9:45am Classic citizen race or Tour (Methow Community Trail), 30km and 10km options.
- Guided snowshoe and natural history tour, 11:00am
- Chili Feed and Happy Hour at the Mazama Store, 12:00-4:00pm
- Nordic Festival Dinner, hosted by the MV Nordic Ski Team, 6:00pm at the Red Barn.
Sunday, January 24th:
Sunday skate race/tour registration and packet pick-up, Mazama Community Center, 8:30am-9:30am.
- 8:15am Shuttle Bus from Town to Mazama
- 9:30am Interval start for “Pursuit” racers, based on classic day result.
- 10:05am self seeded “mass start” for 30K/10K skate race and tour.
- $75 for 2-Day Pursuit AMS Race
- $40 for 30K classic race or tour
- $40 for 30K skate race or tour
- $25 for 10K tour (either day)
- Kids 17 and under ski/race for FREE – but MUST REGISTER by January 15!
*No refunds after January 1st
*$15 refund/transfer fee prior to January 1st.
DATE: Friday-Sunday, January 22-24, 2016 LOCATION: Winthrop & Mazama CONTACT: Methow Trails, 509.996.3287, email@example.com