EXTENDED DEADLINE 2: THURS, OCT 29 – Entry Form and Photo of Pumpkins via email. Just email us to get started @ email@example.com.
DEADLINE 2: THURS, OCT 29 – Pumpkins delivered to Methow Arts. Pumpkins may be delivered before Thursday after receiving confirmation from Methow Arts.
WE WILL DISPLAY YOUR PUMPKIN IN OUR WINDOW!
WINNERS ANNOUNCED MON, NOV 2
PRIZES GALORE! $25-$300
Be sure to get your pumpkins ready for carving to be part of Methow Arts’ 2020 pumpkin carving contest – a celebration of the artistry of our local community. Up to 40 Jack-o-Lanterns will be displayed in our windows (as space allows!) Carved pumpkins will be illuminated each evening and will grace the inner windows of Methow Arts on Glover Street for up to five days, from Tuesday, October 27-Sunday, November 1st. Winners will be announced on Monday, November 2nd.
Selected pumpkins will be lit and prominently displayed inside our windows on Glover Street for all to see. We encourage the community to drive by on Halloween to see the artistry. There is no age limit for this competition!
CATEGORIES AND GUIDELINES/DEADLINE MON, OCT 26:
Prizes galore! $25-$300 will be awarded to the top pumpkins. The contest is open to families, artist teams and individuals. This is not intended for businesses or political parties.
ADULT CATEGORY: Ages 13 and up – 5 prizes awarded!
- 1 Master of Ceremonies Winner ($300)
- 1st Runner Up ($200)
- 2nd Runner Up ($100)
- 4th and 5th places/ADULT ($50 each)
KIDS: Ages 12 and under.
- We will give prizes to 1st-3rd place in the KID category ($25 each)
Entries in each division will be judged on design, detail, creativity and originality.
- Participants can submit up to three carved pumpkins in the contest.
- Judges discourage use of stencils and encourage original artwork and design.
- Judges encourage artwork that has little to no text.
- Pumpkins must be carved and able to be illuminated (hold a candle/faux candle inside to qualify. Preference will be given to pumpkins that are primarily carved vs. using other props or paint.
- Scary designs are fine, but please do not incorporate any violent or sexually suggestive elements. Organizers have the right to refuse any entry deemed inappropriate. Pumpkin design should be suitable for all ages. Very little to no text or wording please. Pumpkin designs submitted that include these will not be accepted/displayed.
- Please keep in mind that pumpkins will be displayed for up to 5 days. Plan accordingly by using a fresh pumpkin and storing in shade/cool temperature prior to delivery.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Take a photo/s of yourself with your pumpkin and send it to us via email along with an entry form by MON, OCT 26th to qualify (be sure to send a close up photo of the pumpkin so we can see the detail please.)
- FILL OUT THIS FORM. Fill out this entry form CLICK HERE to download. Or simply send us your full name, age, email address, mailing address in an email. This is required. Send us this information along with your photo @ firstname.lastname@example.org by
DEADLINE 2: THURS, OCT 29 to qualify.
- Bring us your pumpkins after receiving confirmation! Pumpkins that are selected for the contest must be delivered to us by THURS, OCT 29 at the latest to be included in the competition (Methow Arts, 204 E. 2nd Street, Twisp, WA.) As soon as we receive your pumpkin it will be prominently displayed in our windows leading up to Halloween night.
- Winners will be announced on MON, NOV 2. email@example.com #MethowArts#MethowHalloween2020#artgrowshere
QUESTIONS/INFO: firstname.lastname@example.org, 509-997-4004.