5th Annual Twisp Art Walk
Saturday, June 7, 4-8pm
The entire length of Glover Street
The 5th Annual Twisp Art Walk will celebrate the cultural, biological, and artistic significance of the Methow Valley river system. A thriving artist community, the Town of Twisp, WA, will host an evening of gallery openings, studio tours, theater shows, river education, music, food, drinks and participatory art projects for all ages! Glover Street will be transformed into an interactive, pedestrian-only street party featuring Austrian artist and geomancer, Karin Wimmeder, creating a large-scale, participatory, street-painting project; the forming of a “Human River” that will run through the main street of Twisp; and the openings of four new shows at local galleries, as well as the premiere of a new theatrical performance at the Merc Playhouse.
As if that weren’t enough, Blue Star Coffee Roasters will host the Valley’s first “Latte Art Throw-Down” on Glover Street at 5:30pm
List of Participants (shown on map left)
1. Glover Street Market
2. Cinnamon Twisp Bakery
3. Methow Valley Inn
4. Confluence Gallery & Art Center
5. Mick & Miki’s Red Cedar Bar
6. Watershed Resource Solutions and Methow Recovery Foundation at the Riverbank (Fish print booth)
7. Riverbank (Rolling River)
8. Methow Valley Interpretive Center
9. TwispWorks (Food, beer garden, and “Paint the Parking Lot” Project)
– (10)Spartan Art Project (Opening night of Petaphysics, exhibit by Karel Renard-see description below)
– (11)Artist Studios (Culler Studio, Methow Metalworks, Glitter and Grit Silversmith and the Methow Gallery)
12. Methow Arts – Little ART Library featuring the work of Steve Ward
13. Methow Arts – ARTscapes featuring Jessica Dietz daCosta – Copperwork
14. Parking can be found on side streets, the Methow Valley Community Center and TwispWorks.
15. The Merc Playhouse (The Amish Project, a one-woman show by Terri Weagant)
16. Peligro (Exhibit opening Releasing the Dogma of Birdson)
17. The Studio (Opening Night of Reclamation, Terry Hunt)
The art walk is a free event that runs from 4 to 8 pm. Other participants include the Methow Valley Interpretive Center, the Merc Playhouse, the Methow Valley Inn, Spartan Art Project, Blue Star Coffee Roasters, open artist studios at TwispWorks and more!
Contact: Confluence Gallery, 509.997.2787 or firstname.lastname@example.org or TwispWorks, 509.997.3300 or email@example.com.