ABOUT THE METHOW ARTS COVID-19 RELIEF FUND
Methow Valley artists are facing severe loss in income and business. Rural artists continue to be deeply impacted as events, conferences, art at Farmer’s Markets, and performances across the country continue to cancel. They are impacted by hospitality industry and retail/artist studio closures, school closures, travel restrictions, continued lay-offs and social distancing recommendations. And Methow Arts recognizes that our rural artists are not eligible for the majority of emergency grants that target King-County or urban artists across the country.
The COVID-19 METHOW ARTS RELIEF FUND provides grants in support of the critical needs of working artists in the Methow Valley* whose incomes have been impacted by COVID-19. We express our deep gratitude to our very generous donors who have made these critical funds possible. *Please note, Relief Fund donors have asked that grants directly support artists currently residing in the Methow Valley.
At this time Methow Arts has $30,000 in funding. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and awarded weekly until funds have been exhausted. The first round of grants will be distributed June 5th. Please email us at email@example.com with any questions.
If you are interested in contributing to this fund or starting a new fund for a different NCW community contact our executive director, Amanda Jackson Mott, firstname.lastname@example.org, 509-341-4413 or DONATE HERE.
METHOW ARTS will offer at least 30 unrestricted cash grants of $1,000 each to support working Methow Valley artists who report:
· Lost income/wages due to COVID-19
· Lost income due to cancelled events, conferences, school closures and performance cancellations.
· Difficulty in meeting living expenses due to the pandemic (Rent/mortgage, utilities, food, medical bills and other living expenses.)
Applications can be submitted online or sent through mail. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and selected weekly.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
The COVID-19 METHOW ARTS Relief Fund is open to individual artists of all disciplines residing in the Methow Valley.
APPLICANTS MUST BE:
• 21 years of age or older or financially independent;
• A Methow Valley resident at the time of application and payment;
• Individual artists of any discipline. (Presenters, curators, organizers, and producers are not eligible).
APPLICANTS MUST NOT BE:
• Graduate or undergraduate matriculated students enrolled in any degree program;
• Applying on behalf of a company, nonprofit, organization, community group, ensembles, or collective;
• Current Methow Arts staff or Board of Directors.
A BIG THANK YOU
We thank our generous anonymous donors who have made it possible for us to offer these critical funds to our community. If you would like to donate to this fund in support of artists’ urgent needs, please contact our executive director, Amanda Jackson Mott, email@example.com, 509-341-4413 or DONATE HERE directly with designation to support the COVID-19 METHOW ARTS RELIEF FUND. Please note, Relief Fund donors have asked that grants directly support Methow Valley artists. If you are interested in starting an Artist Fund for artists in a different NCW location/town we are happy to work with you. Please contact our director at firstname.lastname@example.org, 509-341-4413.
HOW TO APPLY – 3 ways
1. ONLINE: FILL OUT THE ONLINE APPLICATION HERE via www.SurveyMonkey.com. Please fill out the application completely to qualify.
Please type or print clearly and fill out the application completely to qualify. Email the form as an attachment to: email@example.com. We will send an email back notifying you that we received your application. If you do not receive an email confirmation from us, be sure to reach out to ensure your application has been received.
3. US POSTAL SERVICE/MAIL:
Please type or print clearly and fill out the application completely to qualify. Mail to Methow Arts, Relief Fund, PO Box 723, Twisp, WA 98856
QUESTIONS? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org